Alberta Power Plants - 2023



Here is a comprehensive list of power plants currently operating in Alberta.

Rather than wishing away climate change and assuming a "net zero" path, I assume the existing power grid evolving as technology and cost/benefits allow. I also assume realistic population growth (along with demand.)

I follow "How Things Work" to create a realistic picture of how new technologies will replace old ones. Generally speaking, such replacement will take place and will meet expanding demand. The general tendency will be for the cost of energy to decline over time.

Generally speaking, I see no necessary link between the sweeping social revolutions pictured in Practical Utopias and the "Climate" issue in general. I am realistic about climate change. It holds opportunities as well as challenges.

I think that the terms of reference for Practical Utopias require me to be optimistic about not only survival but the thriving of the human race. The pessimistic view is well represented elsewhere.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook and Bing - A Killer Combination

A Process ...

Warp Speed Generative AI