Some Practical Tools

After some fruitless battles with the web site designer associated with my domain (Site Builder), I decided to keep it simple and build a linked pair of web site  / blog using "off the shelf" tools from Google.

Besides being a lot simpler, this approach allows me to document suggested technical support for the frames I'm looking at. Assuming specific tools makes the suggestions more useful. Readers who know other tools should easily translate my advice into guidelines for their favourite tools.

Finally, using Google tools forces me to concentrate on content rather than frilly graphics, sexy animation and miscellaneous flim-flam. As long as the bells and whistles are there, you tend to get sucked into spending all your time finding ways to incorporate them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook and Bing - A Killer Combination

A Process ...

Warp Speed Generative AI