The Meaning of Life

Me: Master, what is the meaning of life?
Master: Rephrase the question I will ..
Me: umm ...
Master: Just a little ...
Me: ok ..
Master: Ask what is a meaningful life, you must.
Me: (Not sure how that's different, suspecting a trick)
Master: The hero of your own autobiography, you must be.
Me: So Hitler would have lead a meaningful life (I've got him!)
Master: Yes.
Me: OMG! I see the trick now! I asked for THE meaning of life and you changed the subject entirely! OF COURSE Hitler would be the hero in his OWN autobiography!
Master: Sorry. ask you a question, I will. If you wrote your autobiography now,  the hero would you be?
Me: I have no idea. Probably not (Damn, he keeps changing the subject)
Master: So, either your life has no meaning or you have not found the meaning. Perhaps both :)
Me: Which is why I asked the question. Please, sir. Stop changing the subject.
Master: OK. So what kind of a person would you LIKE to be so that you WOULD be the hero of your own autobiography?
Me: I'm not sure. A great person? A great parent? A great citizen? That sort of thing?
Master:  A good parent you are NOT?
Me: Well I TRY to be.
Master: There is not "try", only "do".
Me: Well I DO lots of things that a parent should do. I'm supportive, not judgmental, I try to teach what I know ...
Master: So what it is to be a good parent, you KNOW?
Me: Maybe not, but I make an effort.
Master:  Know what it is to be a good citizen, do you?
Me: Now THAT is a good question! I'm a good neighbor. I pay my taxes ...
Master: Make an effort, you do ...
Me: Yes, I guess so.
Master: The answer, you have
Me: WHAT?
Master: Time is up, sorry I am ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook and Bing - A Killer Combination

A Process ...

Warp Speed Generative AI