Tools and Platforms

I have chosen a rather unlikely set of tools for my projects:
  • Discord
    • Allows voice chat, "homework," etc, and supports other applications
    • For the Utopia 2200 project, Discord will be the point of contact
  • Second Life
    • The devil I know, with Discord providing solid backup
    • For in-world SL friends, Discord will supplement when "offline."
    • A virtual 3D home for the project
  • Blogger
    • Another devil I know is a home for mostly private notes that can be shared
  • Vimeo
    • A platform for shared video
Overall, the budget is zero apart from SL tier

NOTES ...

Vimeo - chillyfinger/google

  • Substack - I have an account but UID/PW?
    • Can post videos
    • Substack chat?
  • Discord.com - cf@gm - DiscordBY
    • Open-ended chat rooms
    • Seems I can do very similar to BigScreen - open-ended or focused
  • Medium - seems to know me and charge me
    • Very high quality
    • Basically for blogs, publications
    • Perhaps ultimate destination for ideas, not ideal for Calgary 2200
  • Substack/Medium Compared
  • Blogger - The Devil I know
    • Where would this stuff go?
    • Basically notes
    • What about marrying Blogger & Discord?
  • Second Life
    • Could work with Discord - voice chat
REJECTED FOR NOW
  • Disco.co is NOT the same as Discord and $75 per month !
    • Seems aimed at "learning communities"
  • Practical Utopia
    • Runs on Disco.co, so costs $
  • Slack - cf with google
    • Team space
    • Seems more for active business

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Facebook and Bing - A Killer Combination

A Process ...

Warp Speed Generative AI